Over the past two decades Ali has a proven track record in scoping and delivering global, strategic, complex, multi million pound technology programmes. Specialising in the legal sector she is results orientated and quality focused, her recent roles have combined a delivery and process improvement, helping IT and business departments work smarter, adopt Agile and iterative development, plan internal marketing campaigns during all project phases.
Ali’s background on both sides of project delivery – product and client – puts her in a unique position to use her experience to build and deliver programs which are both innovative and realistic whilst putting the lawyer at the heart of feature design and communications.
As Fireman & Company’s UK based program manager she works across the Knowledge management, document management, intranet and data practices.
Hogan Lovells, London
Feb 2018 – Oct 2019
- Program Management for a Global Knowledge Platform. The technology for this program was relatively simple, however, the focus on encouraging lawyers to adopt new global frameworks and processes and engaging stakeholders meant this was a complex delivery.
- Created and delivered augmented Agile delivery processes for technical delivery and cross-functional operating models.
- Ensured lawyer validation throughout the Discovery, Definition, Design, and Delivery of the program.
Freshfields Braukhaus Deringer, London
May 2017 – Feb 2018
- Management team member for £50million Finance and Risk business transformation program.
• Designed and implemented software development methodology for the delivery of over 100 integrations within the program.
• Built and led a cross-functional team of specialists delivering Data, Security, Decommissioning, and Integrations.
Norton Rose Fulbright, London
April 2015- Nov 2016
- Delivered Global Enterprise Search solution for over 7000 lawyers across 5 separate entities.
- Successfully delivered phase 1 and achieved $500k savings on project costs for phase 2.
- Led RFP process to engage vendors and partners, creating detailed Statement of Works for contracts of over $1m.
Wonga Group Ltd, London
Feb 2014 – Dec 2014
- Designed and implemented Product and Project Management processes as part of Financial Conduct Authority Licence approval. Focused on ensuring transparency, clarity, and consistency in developing online products and account management portals to enable the company to mature in its business practices.
- Processes acknowledged as best practice in the UK and rolled out across other businesses in the Group.
Thomson Reuters, London
2012 – 2014
- Acknowledged for rescuing two green field development product deliveries; Regulatory Intelligence and Know Your Customer platforms, enabling the company to create products and solutions and gain market advantage from future opportunities.
3i Infotech/Framework, London
2010 – 2012
- Led the design of a new SaaS product that supported existing clients to upgrade their ‘on-premise’ solutions used to manage Private Equity funds and other Alternative Assets.
- Developed roadmap for products to deliver new features to clients in a timely, cost-effective, consistent way.
LexisNexis, Client Solutions and InterAction, London
2004 – 2008
- Responsible for creating UK based consultancy practice for InterAction extending implementation reach beyond the US.
- Developed pipeline for new engagements, existing accounts, and ensured team met revenue targets.
- Provided project management and business analysis expertise for complex client engagements / pre-sale.
- Created E-solutions Strategy providing a roadmap to deliver corporate vision; to change a publishing company into a digital solutions provider, assessing competition and delivering organizational change strategies.
- Led migration of Magic Circle and Global Law firms from legacy Lexis Nexis Butterworths platforms to new Rosetta platform, encompassing taxonomy mapping, search and deep linking features.